Water underfloor heating, also known as hydronic underfloor heating, is a type of underfloor heating system that uses heated water to provide radiant heat throughout a building. The system uses pipes or tubing installed beneath the floor to circulate hot water from a boiler or heat pump. The heat from the water radiates out through the floor, creating a warm and comfortable living space.
Water underfloor heating can be used with a variety of floor coverings, including tile, stone, concrete, and wood. The system is also compatible with various heat sources, including gas or oil boilers, heat pumps, and solar panels. Water underfloor heating is generally considered to be more energy-efficient than traditional heating systems because it operates at lower temperatures, which reduces heat loss and saves energy.
Installation of a water underfloor heating system can be more complex than that of an electric underfloor heating system, as it requires more extensive plumbing work and may require adjustments to the existing heating system. However, once installed, water underfloor heating can provide a comfortable, efficient, and cost-effective heating solution for many years.
Some of the advantage of water underfloor heating system are
- Energy Efficiency: Water underfloor heating operates at lower temperatures than traditional heating systems, which reduces heat loss and saves energy. This results in lower energy bills and a more environmentally friendly heating solution.
- Comfort: Water underfloor heating provides radiant heat, which is more comfortable than forced-air heating systems. It ensures that the heat is evenly distributed throughout the room, eliminating cold spots and drafts.
- Health Benefits: Water underfloor heating reduces the circulation of dust, allergens and other pollutants, which can improve indoor air quality and reduce the risk of respiratory problems.
- Design Flexibility: Water underfloor heating eliminates the need for radiators and other bulky heating systems, which can free up valuable wall and floor space. This gives homeowners more design flexibility and greater control over the layout of their living space.
- Noise Reduction: Water underfloor heating is virtually silent, unlike traditional heating systems that can produce noise when the furnace or radiators turn on and off.
- Increased Property Value: Water underfloor heating is a premium feature that can add value to a property, making it a worthwhile investment for homeowners.
Overall, water underfloor heating offers a more comfortable, energy-efficient, and healthier.
If you are considering using water based underfloor heating system and have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. Our technical team are here to help find you the perfect solution for your project.